Dance Workshops, Super Sundays & Holiday Dance Courses &
Graham School of Dance runs regular Dance and Musical Theatre Workshops at their dance school studios in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, as well as Summer Schools periodically. For many courses, pupils may bring along their friends - they do not always have to be learning at the dance school. The youngest groups age 4 - 6 take part in workshops which include Musical Theatre, Drama, Singing and Commercial / Street Dance. Middle School and Seniors are offered a variety of Workshops and Masterclasses, taken by invited Guest Teachers such as current West End performers and/or leading professionals and dance teachers (including those currently teaching at Dance Colleges and in professional companies) - they offer classes in currently taught genres, in virtuosity and technique, audition technique and preparation as well as Q and A sessions. Classes and workshops include
* Neil Jones from Strictly Come Dancing for Urban Ballroom workshops
* Adam Garcia for a series of Tap Workshops
* A Royal Ballet Masterclass taken by Tara Brigitte Bhavnani
* a Yoga for Dancers workshop by alumnus Jess Bennett
* a series of Turns, Leaps & Pirouettes Sugery Workshops by Rosina Andrews
* Commercial Workshops by Louise Harrison
* a Cats workshop taken by alumnus Charlotte Perry
* a Musical Theatre workshop by professional Philippa Stefano
* TK Spin , renowned for their Street Dance technique classes
* Contemporary Dance Workshops by Richard Alston and Siobhan Davies Dance companies.
Three lucky groups of Graham School of Dance pupils benefited tremendously when Callie Sant (Roberts), ex-dancer of the Birmingham Royal Ballet company, visited The Studios, to run a series of carefully developed and guided Progressing Ballet Technique workshops.
This is an innovative programme developed by Marie Walton-Mahon in Australia for students to understand the depth of training muscle memory in achieving their personal best in classical ballet, and when regularly practiced, this programme has had outstanding success.
Holiday courses also help pupils maintain and build their fitness as they are often towards the end of the school Summer holidays, and so help prepare students for the new term ahead. As well as Musical Theatre, Drama and Jazz, new dance genres such as Irish and Spanish Dance, along with Contemporary for Senior Students, may be on offer – each time it is different!
If you are from Essex or Hertfordshire and looking for a local dance school offering classes and workshops at weekends or in the holidays, then contact us at Graham School of Dance in Bishop's Stortford, on the borders of Herts and Essex.